The battery saga below is ongoing. The broken BMS in Lynn’s battery has now destroyed three cells. The new BMS has arrived and is fitted, but with only 11 good cells, it’s not much use! I am using the second battery while Lynn can’t ride her bike due to a wrist splint she is wearing, so I am mobile again.
Back on the 21st Feb, I ordered another two batteries, this time from EV assemble, at the time I wasn’t sure whether the batteries had been supplied bad or were destroyed by my incompetence, so I decided to try someone else. I should have checked out EV assemble’s reputation on the web, but I didn’t. Big mistake, this company is not well thought of, very poor service and very poor quality goods.
Unfortunately, the chinese lunar new year started on or about the 21st, and while looking up details about evassemble, I found posts from last year, where I found that China basically shuts down for 15 days, and EV assemble is no exception. Other people had experienced what I am experiencing.
After 10 days of no communication whatsoever, I sent a couple of emails, and 4 days later after no response, I raised a dispute with Paypal. This is almost guaranteed to get a response, I have used it twice now, and the first time I got fervent apologies and good despatched within a few hours. Not so with evassemble.
The first communication on the 6th March was asking me for more money, as the website had calculated the required shipping incorrectly. This is par for the course with shipping batteries, nobody factors in the extra costs of paperwork and packaging for LiFePO4 batteries, despite them apparently selling many of them. I was also requested to close the dispute. As you only get one go at a dispute with Paypal, there was no way I was closing this dispute until the batteries arrived. If I had closed it, I had no way of getting my money back if the batteries did not turn up!
The next communication is copied below :-